Saturday, 29 January 2011

The New Year

Today is 26th of January, which is a bit late for me to bid farewell to 2010 and write anything about the New Year. However this new year is somewhat the most memorable to me. Know what? I did the countdown together with all the new faces I just know for a week, and it was in a place that I’ve been missing so much throughout 2009 and 2010.

Few of my old friends, including this one girl asked,

“Sri, how is it so far? Your study and new friends…happy?”

I replied:

“So far so great!”

And I know how much I had surprised ‘her’ with my very cool expression. She was the one who knows very much about the hardship that I’ve been through before and I know sometimes the stories that I kept telling her are so tiring..hehheh. I ‘was’ tired too!

She asked me about ‘that’ thing…and Alhamdulillah, surprisingly for the 1st time in my life I sounded so tough while answering that question. I smiled, not a fake one, I swear! And she stared in wonder at me. I said, “Look, I’m superbly ok!” and she was like, “Sri, I’m so glad…since when?”

Simply, “since I’m here” (-_^)

I should thank the MPP and all the PMs as well as the VC for what they had done throughout the MDS. They made me ‘whole’ again…and I eventually know what am I coming for. I turned to be the host of a remedied soul and spirit. I got back my passion!

About the countdown part, well it was nobody’s plan. We were in the hall since 8.00 p.m. and the event lasted for quite a long period. Towards its end, there was something I like the most about MDS. The PMs and MPP switched the mode of that night. From a heavenly laughter-filled hall, they switched off the lights and played a sentimental video which reminded us about…urghh…well, parents. And tell me who can prevent him/herself from crying??? They talked about our roles, obligations and responsibilities as a student, a son/daughter, and as a UiTMian…

In that very dark hall, with all the tears rolling down everyone’s cheeks, suddenly we heard a soft whispering sound of a group singing. I caught it:

“wujudmu di sini di tanah anak merdeka…bagai obor ilmu memayungi putera-puterinya…pelopor hidup budaya bangsa…agama Negara….pembentuk akhlak manusia agar jadi sempurna…..

Ku yang melangkah ke sini ingin mempelajari….rahsia di muka bumi dengan cara hakiki…tunjukkan aku jalan ilmumu untuk ku menuju…destinasi cita-cita Negara dan bangsaku”

Together with the song, we watched a strand of dim lights entering the hall through the main entrance. It was a group of people-the MPP members and all the PMs-marching very slowly and each one of them was holding a lighted candle. The song continued in a low tone, the marching proceeded, until everyone in the group arrived at the stage. We could hardly listen to anything else other than their very soft voices singing the song.

The blowing off of the candles signified the end of their role in giving direct guidance and monitoring us. It signified the beginning of our campus life….

I closed my eyes…and deep within my heart…..

~Bismillahirrahmanirrahiim…..all the sorrows blew away, all the sadness will be left aside, and all the negativities faded away together with the candle lights. Enough with the immobility, I’m done with that all and I’m alive.~

~…and I’m gonna lit up a new candle in my heart…~

2010, my ‘tahun air mata’ ended with that thought. The moment we were about to leave the hall, I heard males’ voices counting, “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1……..”

There, we rejoiced together…as the students of UiTM(dihatiku), anticipating a brighter tomorrow….

and 2011 has been beautifully started with a rejuvenated mind and an exhilarated passion.

أللهم إني أعوذبك من الهم والحزن, وأعوذبك من العجز والكسل

*I can’t perfectly illustrate what I felt that night..but it was really something truly beautiful and unforgettable*

Alhamdulillah….and I’ll keep this promise: I’ll work harder =)

6 p.m. 26/o1/2011

'Hotel' Mawar, Shah Alam

No comments: